Sikkim is a fortified place found in the Himalayan range. It is bordered by countries like Nepal, China, Bhutan, and India. Sikkim is another state geographically so diverse that you would find almost anything right here. The name is derived from “Su” & “Him”, both of which means beautiful home. With so many tourists as well as visitors, there is a magnificent Tibet panorama full of lush green valleys. Since Sikkim is covered 40% of forests, you have an extensive green terrain area.
Sikkim has an area of 7096 sq kms, there are 8 towns present in this state with the likes of Yuksom (west), Ravangla (south), Pelling (west), Namchi (south), Mangan (north), Geyzing (west), Gangtok, and Dzongu (northern Sikkim). There are certain facts to know before you pack up for Sikkim tour packages.
- There are no direct flights to Sikkim as of now. However, there is an airport under construction, and some nearest airports with the likes of Bagdogra in West Bengal and Paro in Bhutan. However, you can surely take a bus ride or jeep ride from West Bengal to visit this place.
- Foreign countries nationals are required to have a Restricted Area Permit in order to enter this Indian state. This can be achieved from airports or immigration offices based at Kolkata and Delhi.
- Bogdora is the nearest airport going to Sikkim. You can take a helicopter ride from Bagdora going to Gangtok. After reaching the place, you can take a taxi which will take you to Sikkim.
- As of now there are no direct trains available. However, the two nearest railway stations to Sikkim are New Jalpaiguri and Siliguri.
- Reaching Sikkim via bus takes only fixed rate rides starting from Gangtok and Siliguri.
- If not want to opt for any transportation, you can even go for trekking, making things exciting for physical training.
- After reaching out to Sikkim, you have so many infrastructures and places to visit, not to disregard the state’s natural beauty.
- Rumtek Monastery found in Sikkim was built in 1740, which then was renovated back in 1959.
- Gangtok has a Tsongmo Lake, located 40 kms away, which is so beautiful that you will be simply being visually stunned.
- Dzongri Trek is a perfect site for trekking encouraging too many trekkers to come and visit this state.
No matter whom you are. Whether, bikers, mountain climbers, rafters, trekkers, and tourists, Sikkim offers adventures for all.